Medical marijuana is a unique therapy that has recently been introduced to medical practitioners. This drug has long been looked upon as something that causes addition, but recent research has shown that it is not a substance that should be completely avoided by the medical fraternity. There are several health conditions where the medical marijuana has been helpful to alleviate symptoms.
Some of the top uses of the medical marijuana are listed:
- Overcomes pain: Pain relief s one of the main reasons to use medical marijuana. Pain can be very severe and disabling in certain health conditions. When you are able to overcome this kind of pain, it provides a huge relief for patients. The method in which medical marijuana helps in pain relief is by suppressing the pain sensation in the brain. When there is a general suppression in the pain sensation, it helps in improve the activity of a person limited by pain.
- Reduction in muscle spasms: Muscle spasm is a culprit for activity limitation in many people. There are some instances when muscle spasm can even lead to severe pain. Medical marijuana can be used as a spray over the affected area to provide immediate pain relief. This will help the affected individual to return to immediate activity.
- Reduces nausea: Medical marijuana also helps in reducing the sensation of nausea in those who have been undergoing chemotherapy as a treatment to overcome cancer. Such patients commonly complain that they are feeling nauseous and are not able to eat any foods. Other than this, they are also not able to be productive in their daily life because of the continuous nausea. Medical marijuana helps to relieve this nauseating sensation.
- Improves appetite: There is a reduction in appetite in patients who suffer from diseases such as HIV. The use of medical marijuana helps in improving the appetite of the individual. This helps them to gain weight and also helps in improving the immunity, though in an indirect manner.
- Reduces seizures: Seizures are common in children and adults when their brain function is abnormal. The use of medical marijuana, mainly in liquid form helps to reduce the severity and frequency of seizures. When there is a reduction in the seizures, there is decreased disability and long term effects.
Medical marijuana is also being used in many other health conditions to overcome harmful symptoms. A lot of research is being done to make this treatment more acceptable and popular. The fact that medical marijuana is available in many different forms is an added advantage in the treatment of various health conditions.